Affect means our current feelings and moods.
Affect is widely used in psychology for feeling and emotion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To influence or move, as the feelings or passions; to touch.
- To love; to regard with affection.
- To show a fondness for; to like to use or practice; to choose; hence, to frequent habitually.
- To dispose or incline.
- To aim at; to aspire; to covet.
- To tend to by affinity or disposition.
- To make a show of; to put on a pretense of; to feign; to assume; as, to affect ignorance.
- To assign; to appoint.
More from this Section
- Representative sample
Representative sample is a sample that is intended to be completely representative of ...
- Mental retardation
A condition characterized by significant limitations both in intellectual functioning ...
Someone who practices psychotherapy. He or she is usually a psychiatrist, a clinical psychologist ...
In sociology, gatekeeping is the term for the process by which people are selected into, ...
- Maternal deprivation
Maternal deprivation is the lack of care and love and affectionate handling provided by ...