Affect means our current feelings and moods.
Affect is widely used in psychology for feeling and emotion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To influence or move, as the feelings or passions; to touch.
- To love; to regard with affection.
- To show a fondness for; to like to use or practice; to choose; hence, to frequent habitually.
- To dispose or incline.
- To aim at; to aspire; to covet.
- To tend to by affinity or disposition.
- To make a show of; to put on a pretense of; to feign; to assume; as, to affect ignorance.
- To assign; to appoint.
More from this Section
- Insight learning
Insight learning is the appearance of understanding, usually sudden, in dealing with a ...
Epistemology is the branch of philosophy that deals with the search for true knowledge; ...
Literally 'sidedness'; preferring either the left hand or foot, for instance, for a task ...
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a depression treatment in which a precise magnetic ...
- Mirror neurons
Mirror neurons specialized that fire not only when a person enacts a particular behavior, ...