Affect means our current feelings and moods.
Affect is widely used in psychology for feeling and emotion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Affect- Affection; inclination; passion; feeling; disposition.
2. Affect- To act upon; to produce an effect or change upon.
- To influence or move, as the feelings or passions; to touch.
- To love; to regard with affection.
- To show a fondness for; to like to use or practice; to choose; hence, to frequent habitually.
- To dispose or incline.
- To aim at; to aspire; to covet.
- To tend to by affinity or disposition.
- To make a show of; to put on a pretense of; to feign; to assume; as, to affect ignorance.
- To assign; to appoint.
Category: Psychology & Behavioral Science
Share it: Cite
Previous: ← Affect-Centered Model of Attraction
Next: Aggression Machine →
More from this Section
- Absolutism (in moral development)
According to PIAGET, a absolutism (in moral development) concern with rules about the ...
- The Histogram
Histogram is a bar graph. The histogram is the most common graphical display for showing ...
- Sex differences
Sex differences means differences in behaviour or abilities between males and females. ...
- Birth order
Birth order is the order of birth of the children in a family. Psychologists have long ...
- Kinsey report
Kinsey report is the first large-scale survey of human sexual behaviour, carried out in ...