Assessment refers to
1. A continuous process that measures the overall effectiveness of employing joint force capabilities during military operations.
2. Determination of the progress toward accomplishing a task, creating a condition, or achieving an objective.
3. Analysis of the security, effectiveness, and potential of an existing or planned intelligence activity.
4. Judgment of the motives, qualifications, and characteristics of present or prospective employees or “agents.”
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A valuation of property or profits of business, for the purpose of taxation; such valuation and an adjudging of the proper sum to be levied on the property; as, an assessment of property or an assessment on property.
- The specific sum levied or assessed.
- An apportionment of a subscription for stock into successive installments; also, one of these installments (in England termed a "call").
More from this Section
- Logistics over-the-shore operation area
Logistics over-the-shore operation area refers to that geographic area, required to conduct ...
- Subordinate unified command
Subordinate unified command— a command established by commanders of unified commands, ...
- Tactical-logistical group
Tactical-logistical group refers to the representatives, designated by troop commanders ...
Aegis refers to a ship-based combat system that can detect, track, target, and engage ...
- Repairable item
Repairable item refers an item that can be reconditioned or economically repaired for ...