Attach refers to
1. The placement of units or personnel in an organization where such placement is relatively temporary.
2. The detailing of individuals to specific functions where such functions are secondary or relatively temporary.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To come into legal operation in connection with anything; to vest; as, dower will attach.
- To connect; to place so as to belong; to assign by authority; to appoint; as, an officer is attached to a certain regiment, company, or ship.
- To win the heart of; to connect by ties of love or self-interest; to attract; to fasten or bind by moral influence; -- with to; as, attached to a friend; attaching others to us by wealth or flattery.
- To connect, in a figurative sense; to ascribe or attribute; to affix; -- with to; as, to attach great importance to a particular circumstance.
- To take, seize, or lay hold of.
- To take by legal authority: (a) To arrest by writ, and bring before a court, as to answer for a debt, or a contempt; -- applied to a taking of the person by a civil process; being now rarely used for the arrest of a criminal. (b) To seize or take (goods or real estate) by virtue of a writ or precept to hold the same to satisfy a judgment which may be rendered in the suit. See Attachment, 4.
More from this Section
- Immediate air support
Immediate air support means an air support to meet specific requests which arise during ...
- Landing site
Landing site refers to 1. A site within a landing zone containing one or more landing ...
- Humanitarian demining assistance
Humanitarian demining assistance refers to the activities related to the furnishing of ...
- Hazardous cargo
Hazardous cargo refers to a kind cargo that includes not only large bulk-type categories ...
Accelerometer is an instrument which displays the acceleration the aircraft experiences ...