Attribute— each column in a relational table represents a field, also referred to as an attribute. Attributes are characteristics of an entity.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Attribute- That which is attributed; a quality which is considered as belonging to, or inherent in, a person or thing; an essential or necessary property or characteristic.
- A conventional symbol of office, character, or identity, added to any particular figure; as, a club is the attribute of Hercules.
- Quality, etc., denoted by an attributive; an attributive adjunct or adjective.
2. Attribute- To ascribe; to consider (something) as due or appropriate (to); to refer, as an effect to a cause; to impute; to assign; to consider as belonging (to).
Category: Management Information System
Share it: Cite
Previous: ← Record
Next: Key field →
More from this Section
- Secure Hyper-text Transport Protocol (S-HTTP)
Secure Hyper-text Transport Protocol (S-HTTP) refers to an extension of HTTP that provides ...
- DSS generator
DSS generator is a comprised of programs such as data management tools, electronic spreadsheets, ...
- Informal system
Informal Systems is the systems created by ad hoc, informal work groups to support information ...
- Small computer System Interface (SCSI)
Small computer System Interface (SCSI) refers to the 8-bit parallel I/O bus that “hides” ...
- Indexed-sequential file
Indexed-sequential file refers to a file in which data are stored in a sequence (similar ...