Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Unit identification code
Unit identification code refers to a six-character, alphanumeric code that uniquely identifies ...
- Geospatial-intelligence base for contingency operation
Geospatial-intelligence base for contingency operation is a mobile visualization tool ...
- Repair cycle
Repair cycle refers to the stages through which a repairable item passes from the time ...
Seaport refers to a land facility, designated for reception of personnel or materiel moved ...
Subversion— actions designed to undermine the military, economic, psychological, or ...