Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Dislocated civilian
Dislocated civilian refers to a broad term primarily used by the Department of Defense ...
- Joint combined exchange training
Joint combined exchange training refers to a program that is conducted overseas to fulfill ...
- Aiming group
Aiming group— pattern made on a surface by a series of pencil marks that test the ability ...
- Detainee collection point
Detainee collection point is a facility or other location where detainees are assembled ...
- Weapons control status
Weapons control status refers to an air defense control measure declared for a particular ...