Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Explosive ordnance disposal
Explosive ordnance disposal refers to the detection, identification, on-site evaluation, ...
- Commercial vehicle
Commercial vehicle refers to a vehicle that has evolved in the commercial market to meet ...
- Date-time group
Date-time group refers to the date and time which are expressed as six digits followed ...
- Mortuary affairs
Mortuary affairs— provides for the search for, recovery, identification, preparation, ...
- Specified combatant command
Specified combatant command is a command, normally composed of forces from a single Military ...