Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
Center is an enduring functional organization, with a supporting staff, designed to perform ...
- Counterintelligence operations
Counterintelligence operations are proactive activities designed to identify, exploit, neutralize, ...
Resources refers to the forces, materiel, and other assets or capabilities apportioned ...
- Infrared imagery
Infrared imagery is that imagery produced as a result of sensing electromagnetic radiations ...
- Operational preparation of the environment
Operational preparation of the environment refers to the conduct of activities in likely ...