Buffer is a temporary storage area that a device uses to contain incoming data before it can be processed for input or to contain outgoing data before it can be sent as output.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A pad or cushion forming the end of a fender, which receives the blow; -- sometimes called buffing apparatus.
- One who polishes with a buff.
- A wheel for buffing; a buff.
- A good-humored, slow-witted fellow; -- usually said of an elderly man.
More from this Section
- Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI)
Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) which is a high-speed LAN technology that uses ...
Groupware is a type of network application in which multiple users can simultaneously ...
- Demand signal
A signal sent by a computer in a demand priority network that informs the controlling ...
Hypertext generally, any text on a web page that contains links to other documents words ...
A nontransparent layer of plastic or glass material inside fiber-optic cable that surrounds ...