Circulation means in print media, the number of copies sold or distributed by a publication. In broadcast, the number of homes owning a TV set within a station’s coverage area. Or, in cable TV, the number of households that subscribe to cable services for a given network. In out-of-home media, the number of people passing an advertisement who have an opportunity to see it.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The act of passing from place to place or person to person; free diffusion; transmission.
- Currency; circulating coin; notes, bills, etc., current for coin.
- The extent to which anything circulates or is circulated; the measure of diffusion; as, the circulation of a newspaper.
- The movement of the blood in the blood-vascular system, by which it is brought into close relations with almost every living elementary constituent. Also, the movement of the sap in the vessels and tissues of plants.
More from this Section
- Market segmentation approach
Market segmentation approach is the division of the total market into segments, with a ...
- Selective distribution
Selective distribution- the use more than one but fewer than all the intermediaries who ...
- Consumer-to-business (C-to-B) online marketing
Consumer-to-business (C-to-B) online marketing refers to online exchanges in which consumers ...
- Diffusion of innovations
Diffusion of innovations is the process by which new products are spread to members of ...
- Zoning ordinances
Zoning ordinances are city and county regulations defining the type of business activity ...