Common item refers to
1. Any item of materiel that is required for use by more than one activity.
2. A term loosely used to denote any consumable item except repair parts or other technical items.
3. Any item of materiel that is procured for, owned by (Service stock), or used by any Military Department of the Department of Defense and is also required to be furnished to a recipient country under the grant-aid Military Assistance Program.
4. Readily available commercial items.
5. Items used by two or more Military Services of similar manufacture or fabrication that may vary between the Services as to color or shape (as vehicles or clothing).
6. Any part or component that is required in the assembly of two or more complete end-items.
More from this Section
- Critical information
Critical information— specific facts about friendly intentions, capabilities, and activities ...
- Termination criteria
Termination criteria is the specified standards, approved by the President and/or the ...
- Measure of performance
Measure of performance is a criterion, used to assess friendly actions that is tied to ...
- Task order
Task order is a order for services, placed against an established contract. ...
- Foreign military sales
Foreign military sales— That portion of United States security assistance authorized ...