Convoy refers to
1. a number of merchant ships and/or naval auxiliaries usually escorted by
warships and/or aircraft — or a single merchant ship or naval auxiliary under surface
escort — assembled and organized for the purpose of passage together.
2. a group ofvehicles organized for the purpose of control and orderly movement with or without escort protection that moves over the same route at the same time and under one
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A vessel or fleet, or a train or trains of wagons, employed in the transportation of munitions of war, money, subsistence, clothing, etc., and having an armed escort.
- A protection force accompanying ships, etc., on their way from place to place, by sea or land; an escort, for protection or guidance.
- Conveyance; means of transportation.
- A drag or brake applied to the wheels of a carriage, to check their velocity in going down a hill.
More from this Section
Assessment refers to 1. A continuous process that measures the overall effectiveness ...
- End item
End item is a final combination of end products, component parts, and/or materials that ...
- Controlled information
Controlled information refers to 1. information conveyed to an adversary in a deception ...
- Pressure mine
Pressure mine refers to 1. In land mine warfare, a mine whose fuse responds to the ...
- Personnel recovery
Personnel recovery is the sum of military, diplomatic, and civil efforts to prepare for ...