Device sharing refers to a primary purpose for networking: permitting users to share access to devices of all kinds, including servers and peripherals such as printers or plotters.
Device sharing is a process where-“A small, inexpensive multiplexer that combines two independent data signals, which are then transmitted over the same communications line.”
Computer network gives great flexibility like more than one computer may share one hardware device such as a plotter, printer, fax machine, and the like. This is called device sharing. It does not require adding a separate plotter, printer, or fax machine with each computer system.
It provides people and organizations with the following advantages:
- It saves money because people and organizations don’t require spending more money on buying multiple devices.
- It saves time because people and businesses don’t need to spend more time purchasing multiple devices.
- It saves the energy of people because they don’t require buying and adding separate devices for and to each computer system.
Use of the term in Sentence:
- The organization is struggling because of its shortage of funds and is thinking of device sharing for cost-cutting.
More from this Section
Hypertext generally, any text on a web page that contains links to other documents words ...
- Internetwork Packet Exchange
- Even viewer
Even viewer is a Windows NT and Windows 2000 tool that records events in three logs based ...
- Public switched telephone network (PSTN)
Public switched telephone network (PSTN) is the another term for the public telephone ...
802.1 is the IEEE specification within Project 802 for the OSI reference model and for ...