A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
More from this Section
- Syndicated Eurocredit loans
Syndicated Eurocredit loans— loans provided by a group (or syndicate) of banks in the ...
- Technical Analysis
Technical analysts, traditionally referred to as chartists, focus on price and volume ...
- Average life
Average life weighted average of the maturities of various loans or bonds after taking ...
- Deposit facility
Deposit facility is The European Central Banks standing facility in which banks are paid ...
- Credit unions
Credit unions are member-owned savings cooperatives, normally sponsored by a union, company ...