A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
More from this Section
- Cargo insurance
Cargo insurance is a type of ocean marine insurance that protects the shipper of the goods ...
- Capital Assets Pricing Model-CAPM
The CAPM explains the behavior of security prices and provides a mechanism whereby investors ...
- Secured and Unsecured loan
Loan/Advance may be secure or unsecured.Secured loans are those loans that are protected ...
- Barron's confidence index
Barron's confidence index is an index measuring the ratio of the average yield on 10 top-grade ...
- Theory of Comparative Advantage
The theory of comparative advantage provides a basis for explaining and justifying international ...