Hazard is a condition with the potential to cause injury, illness, or death of personnel; damage to or loss of equipment or property; or mission degradation.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Hazard- A game of chance played with dice.
- The uncertain result of throwing a die; hence, a fortuitous event; chance; accident; casualty.
- Risk; danger; peril; as, he encountered the enemy at the hazard of his reputation and life.
- Holing a ball, whether the object ball (winning hazard) or the player's ball (losing hazard).
- Anything that is hazarded or risked, as the stakes in gaming.
- To expose to the operation of chance; to put in danger of loss or injury; to venture; to risk.
- To venture to incur, or bring on.
2. Hazard- To try the chance; to encounter risk or danger.
Category: Defense Terms
Share it: Cite
Previous: ← Hasty breach
Next: Hazardous cargo →
More from this Section
- Major operation
Major operation refers to 1. A series of tactical actions (battles, engagements, strikes) ...
- Amphibious warfare ship
Amphibious warfare ship is a combatant ship having organic capability to embark, land, ...
- Joint captured materiel exploitation center
Joint captured materiel exploitation center is an element responsible for deriving intelligence ...
Sequel refers to the subsequent major operation or phase, based on the possible outcomes ...
- Military van (container)
Military van (container)— military-owned, demountable container, conforming to United ...