Hazard is a condition with the potential to cause injury, illness, or death of personnel; damage to or loss of equipment or property; or mission degradation.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The uncertain result of throwing a die; hence, a fortuitous event; chance; accident; casualty.
- Risk; danger; peril; as, he encountered the enemy at the hazard of his reputation and life.
- Holing a ball, whether the object ball (winning hazard) or the player's ball (losing hazard).
- Anything that is hazarded or risked, as the stakes in gaming.
- To expose to the operation of chance; to put in danger of loss or injury; to venture; to risk.
- To venture to incur, or bring on.
More from this Section
- Point of employment
Point of employment— in distribution operations, refers to a physical location, designated ...
- Operational design
Operational design refers to the conception and construction of the framework that underpins ...
- Mobilization station
Mobilization station refers to the designated military installation to which a Reserve ...
Fires refer to the use of weapon systems or other actions to create specific lethal or ...
- Primary flight control
Primary flight control refers to the controlling agency on air-capable ships that is responsible ...