Holder is the payee or endorsee of a Bill of Exchange or Promissory Note who is in possession of it, or the bearer thereof.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Holder- One who is employed in the hold of a vessel.
- One who, or that which, holds.
- One who holds land, etc., under another; a tenant.
- The payee of a bill of exchange or a promissory note, or the one who owns or holds it.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
Previous: ← Hague-Visby Rules
Next: Holder in Due Course →
More from this Section
- Supplier credit
Supplier credit refers to the credit that is provided by the supplier to itself to fund ...
- Convenience Fee
When a buyer makes an online payment, a vendor or provider charges a Convenience Fee. ...
- Coupon or bearer bond
Coupon or bearer bond one with dated coupons attached, which the bondholder must cut off ...
- Mass merchandising
Mass merchandising is a plan for insuring individual members of a group, such as employees ...
- Primary and excess insurance
Primary and excess insurance is a type of other-insurance provision that requires the ...