Hop is the movement of a digital packet of information from one node to the next. In general the fewer the number of hops, the faster the packet arrives at its destination.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A dance; esp., an informal dance of ball.
- A climbing plant (Humulus Lupulus), having a long, twining, annual stalk. It is cultivated for its fruit (hops).
- The catkin or strobilaceous fruit of the hop, much used in brewing to give a bitter taste.
- The fruit of the dog-rose. See Hip.
- To walk lame; to limp; to halt.
- To dance.
- To gather hops. [Perhaps only in the form Hopping, vb. n.]
More from this Section
Frequency is the number of times people are exposed to an advertising message, an advertising ...
- Content publishing
Content publishing used by every firm that has a web site. Content refers to any text, ...
Hop is the movement of a digital packet of information from one node to the next. In general ...
- Ethical code
Ethical code is the developed by trade associations, commercial standards groups, and ...
- Large-Scale Integrated (LSI) Circuit
Large-Scale Integrated (LSI) Circuit is a superchip that contains thousands of small transistors: ...