These skills are the management skills emphasizing effective interaction with individuals. They consist of communication, leadership, conceptual skills, counseling, negotiation, and decision making.
Human relations skills are the skills required in the group and interpersonal employee interactions.
From the managerial perspective, these skills help to develop communication channels and systems enabling strong group and one-on-one employee relationships.
From an employee’s point of view, these skills help her/his interacting ability in a sound way with other persons for building effective relationships.
The key human relations skills that help managers develop and maintain effective relationships are empathy, communication, stress management, and conflict resolution.
The importance of these skills is growing day by day because of the following reasons:
- Nowadays employees and managers are so much aware of human rights.
- Better human relations skills are a crucial factor for any country to gain a competitive advantage in the global marketplace.
- The most valuable resource in any company is human resources.
- Nowadays employees prefer teamwork and participation in the decision-making process of the organization.
- Today’s workplace is a diverse mixture of gender, racial, and cultural backgrounds.