Interpretation refers to a part of the analysis and production phase in the intelligence process in which the significance of information is judged in relation to the current body of knowledge.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Interpretation- The act of interpreting; explanation of what is obscure; translation; version; construction; as, the interpretation of a foreign language, of a dream, or of an enigma.
- The sense given by an interpreter; exposition or explanation given; meaning; as, commentators give various interpretations of the same passage of Scripture.
- The power or explaining.
- An artist's way of expressing his thought or embodying his conception of nature.
- The act or process of applying general principles or formulae to the explanation of the results obtained in special cases.
Category: Defense Terms
Share it: Cite
Previous: ← Interorganizational coordination
Next: Interrogation →
More from this Section
- Assault follow-on echelon
Assault follow-on echelon— in amphibious operations, that echelon of the assault troops, ...
- Common servicing
Common servicing— functions performed by one Service in support of another for which ...
- Target acquisition
Target acquisition is the detection, identification, and location of a target in sufficient ...
- Demilitarized zone
Demilitarized zone is a defined area in which the stationing or concentrating of military ...
- Military assistance advisory group
Military assistance advisory group is a joint Service group, normally under the military ...