Labor is the total human resources required to turn raw materials into goods and services. It would include all employees of the business from top management through the entire organization structure.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Intellectual exertion; mental effort; as, the labor of compiling a history.
- That which requires hard work for its accomplishment; that which demands effort.
- Travail; the pangs and efforts of childbirth.
- Any pang or distress.
- The pitching or tossing of a vessel which results in the straining of timbers and rigging.
- A measure of land in Mexico and Texas, equivalent to an area of 177/ acres.
- To exert muscular strength; to exert one's strength with painful effort, particularly in servile occupations; to work; to toil.
- To exert one's powers of mind in the prosecution of any design; to strive; to take pains.
- To be oppressed with difficulties or disease; to do one's work under conditions which make it especially hard, wearisome; to move slowly, as against opposition, or under a burden; to be burdened; -- often with under, and formerly with of.
- To be in travail; to suffer the pangs of childbirth.
- To pitch or roll heavily, as a ship in a turbulent sea.
- To form or fabricate with toil, exertion, or care.
- To prosecute, or perfect, with effort; to urge stre/uously; as, to labor a point or argument.
- To belabor; to beat.
More from this Section
- Comparative rating
Comparative rating is a rating method that determines ratings by making comparisons between ...
- Cultural integration
Cultural integration is the process of bringing people of different racial or ethnic backgrounds ...
- Structured Sequential
Structured Sequential Interview is an interview in which the applicant is interviewed ...
- Speak Up! Programs
Speak Up! Programs are communications programs that allow employees to register Questions, ...
- Minority business enterprise
Minority business enterprise is a small business enterprise that is at least 51 percent ...