Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Break-even point
The break-even point is the point where total revenue received equals total costs associated ...
- Specialized Banks
These are the banks which concentrate mainly on financing specialized economic and social ...
- Official Reserves Account
The Official Reserves Account is the total reserves held by official monetary authorities ...
- Direct Foreign investment (DFI)
The methods of increasing international business extend from the relatively simple approach ...
- Causes-of-loss form
Causes-of-loss form added to commercial property insurance policy that indicates the causes ...