Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Funding agency
Funding agency is a financial institution that provides for the accumulation or administration ...
- Bank discount basis
Bank discount basis is a convention used for quoting bids and offers for Treasury bills ...
- Financial analysis
Financial analysis is the use of mathematics to bring important facts and relationships ...
- Open market sale
Open market sale is a sale of bonds by the Fed. ...
- Investment banks
Investment banks means firms that assist in the initial sale of securities in the primary ...