Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Master Arrangement
Master Arrangement form used by importers and exporters processing trade transactions ...
Pledging is the backing bank deposits owed to the federal government and local units of ...
- Exchange Rate Risk
Exchange Rate Risk is the risk that changes in currency exchange rates may have an unfavourable ...
- Direct Foreign investment (DFI)
The methods of increasing international business extend from the relatively simple approach ...
- Agricultural Bank