Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Proportional Relationship
Proportional Relationship means equivalency between two variables that relate to each ...
- Electronic money (e-money)
Electronic money (e-money) is the money that exists only in electronic form and substitutes ...
Syndicate is a group of banks and financial institutions, which together contribute the ...
- Margin Call
A Margin Call is a notification sent by the broker to the trader, that alerts them about ...
- Excise duties
Excise duties are duties levied on items manufactured within the country and paid by the ...