Maintenance refers to
1. All action, including inspection, testing, servicing, classification as to serviceability, repair, rebuilding, and reclamation, taken to retain materiel in a serviceable condition or to restore it to serviceability.
2. All supply and repair action taken to keep a force in condition to carry out its mission.
3. The routine recurring work required to keep a facility in such condition that it may be continuously used at its original or designed capacity and efficiency for its intended purpose.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- That which maintains or supports; means of sustenance; supply of necessaries and conveniences.
- An officious or unlawful intermeddling in a cause depending between others, by assisting either party with money or means to carry it on. See Champerty.
More from this Section
- Joint civil-military operations task force
Joint civil-military operations task force is a joint task force which is composed of ...
- Naval gunfire support
Naval gunfire support— fire provided by Navy surface gun systems in support of a unit ...
- Intermediate staging base
Intermediate staging base refers to a tailorable, temporary location used for staging ...
- Contamination avoidance
Contamination avoidance refers to individual and/or unit measures taken to reduce the ...
- Hostile intent
Hostile intent refers to the threat of imminent use of force against the United States, ...