Mouse— a hand-held “point-and-click” input device that can be moved over a smooth surface to control the position of the cursor on the screen. Pressing the mouse buttons executes different commands.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Mouse- Any one of numerous species of small rodents belonging to the genus Mus and various related genera of the family Muridae. The common house mouse (Mus musculus) is found in nearly all countries. The American white-footed, or deer, mouse (Hesperomys leucopus) sometimes lives in houses. See Dormouse, Meadow mouse, under Meadow, and Harvest mouse, under Harvest.
- A knob made on a rope with spun yarn or parceling to prevent a running eye from slipping.
- Same as 2d Mousing, 2.
- A familiar term of endearment.
- A dark-colored swelling caused by a blow.
- A match used in firing guns or blasting.
2. Mouse- To watch for and catch mice.
- To watch for or pursue anything in a sly manner; to pry about, on the lookout for something.
3. Mouse- To tear, as a cat devours a mouse.
- To furnish with a mouse; to secure by means of a mousing. See Mouse, n., 2.
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Formal system
Formal system is a system that is designed and developed using a set of well-established ...
- Multimedia systems
Multimedia systems are systems that can store, retrieve, and process various types of ...
- Interorganizational systems (IOS)
Systems shared by two or more companies, in the spirit of cooperation and collaboration ...
- Common carrier
Common carrier is a company that furnishes voice and data communication services both ...
- Explanation module
Explanation module is a module in an expert system that explains the problem-solving process ...