Mouse— a hand-held “point-and-click” input device that can be moved over a smooth surface to control the position of the cursor on the screen. Pressing the mouse buttons executes different commands.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A knob made on a rope with spun yarn or parceling to prevent a running eye from slipping.
- Same as 2d Mousing, 2.
- A familiar term of endearment.
- A dark-colored swelling caused by a blow.
- A match used in firing guns or blasting.
- To watch for or pursue anything in a sly manner; to pry about, on the lookout for something.
- To furnish with a mouse; to secure by means of a mousing. See Mouse, n., 2.
More from this Section
- Peer-to-peer relationship
Peer-to-peer relationship is an arrangement whereby all devices on a network have equal ...
- Fiber-optic cable
Fiber-optic cable consists of thousands of hair-thin strands of glass or plastic, bound ...
- Affiliate program
Affiliate program is the firms put a link to an e-tailer’s web site and make a commission ...
Mainframe is a large, general-purpose computer with extensive memory and high processing ...
Multiplexer is a device that performs multiplexing which is the process of transmitting ...