Normal means conforming to the norm or standard; as applied to behaviour it usually refers to what is expected (the social norm) or what is generally considered right, proper or correct under the given circumstances.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- According to a square or rule; perpendicular; forming a right angle. Specifically: Of or pertaining to a normal.
- Standard; original; exact; typical.
- Denoting a solution of such strength that every cubic centimeter contains the same number of milligrams of the element in question as the number of its molecular weight.
- Denoting certain hypothetical compounds, as acids from which the real acids are obtained by dehydration; thus, normal sulphuric acid and normal nitric acid are respectively S(OH)6, and N(OH)5.
- Denoting that series of hydrocarbons in which no carbon atom is united with more than two other carbon atoms; as, normal pentane, hexane, etc. Cf. Iso-.
- Any perpendicular.
- A straight line or plane drawn from any point of a curve or surface so as to be perpendicular to the curve or surface at that point.
More from this Section
The ego, which is the part of the personality that provides a buffer between the id and ...
A common way to generate new business ideas is through brainstorming. In general, brainstorming ...
Isomorphic is an old idea, re-introduced by Gestalt psychology, that there is a one-to-one ...
Ontogeny is the evolution and development of an individual organism. ...
Consciousness is the awareness of oneself in every aspect of one's being. ...