Quit is a voluntary resignation from employment that is initiated by the employee.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To release from obligation, accusation, penalty, or the like; to absolve; to acquit.
- To discharge, as an obligation or duty; to meet and satisfy, as a claim or debt; to make payment for or of; to requite; to repay.
- To meet the claims upon, or expectations entertained of; to conduct; to acquit; -- used reflexively.
- To carry through; to go through to the end.
- To have done with; to cease from; to stop; hence, to depart from; to leave; to forsake; as, to quit work; to quit the place; to quit jesting.
More from this Section
- Salary Compression
Salary compression refers to a salary inequity problem, generally caused by inflation, ...
Accessibility is the defined as extent to which a contractor's or employer's facility ...
- Substance abuse
Substance abuse can be defined as a destructive pattern of substance (i.e., narcotics ...
- Behaviorally anchored rating scale (BARS)
Behaviorally anchored rating scale (BARS) is an appraisal that requires raters to list ...
- Slow learner
Slow learner is a term used to describe individuals with mental disabilities and an IQ ...