Rebate is a cash payment offered as an incentive by the manufacturer to consumers, which is usually applied by the consumer to reduce the net price of a vehicle.
Rebate is an interest adjustment used when retiring a Bill of Exchange before it is due.
A discount given to a consumer who buys a product and sends in proof of purchase; ranges from a small percentage of the purchase price to the full purchase price.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Deduction; abatement; as, a rebate of interest for immediate payment; a rebate of importation duties.
- A rectangular longitudinal recess or groove, cut in the corner or edge of any body; a rabbet. See Rabbet.
- A piece of wood hafted into a long stick, and serving to beat out mortar.
- An iron tool sharpened something like a chisel, and used for dressing and polishing wood.
- A kind of hard freestone used in making pavements.
- To deduct from; to make a discount from, as interest due, or customs duties.
- To cut a rebate in. See Rabbet, v.
More from this Section
- Liability Insurance
Liability Insurance is in most states, you are legally required to have a minimum of liability ...
- Cost and Freight (C&F)
Cost and Freight (C&F): The seller/exporter of goods must pay the cost and freight necessary ...
- Acquisitions of existing operations
Firms frequently acquire other firms in foreign countries as a means of penetrating foreign ...
- Multiple deposit creation
Multiple deposit creation is the process whereby, when the Fed supplies the banking system ...
- Average indexed monthly earnings (AIME)
Average indexed monthly earnings (AIME) is under the OASDI program, the person’s actual ...