For networking, security generically describes the set of access controls and permissions in place that determine if a server can grant a request for a service or resource from a client.
Security— 1. Measures taken by a military unit, activity, or installation to protect itself against all acts designed to, or which may, impair its effectiveness.
2. A condition that results from the establishment and maintenance of protective measures that ensure a state of inviolability from hostile acts or influences.
3. With respect to classified matter, the condition that prevents unauthorized persons from having access to official information that is safeguarded in the interests of national security.
Security is a clam on the borrower’s future income that is sold by the borrower to the lender. Also called a financial instrument.
Security means policies to ensure the integrity of data and the prevention of misuse should be in place.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Freedom from apprehension, anxiety, or care; confidence of power of safety; hence, assurance; certainty.
- Hence, carelessness; negligence; heedlessness.
- Freedom from risk; safety.
- That which secures or makes safe; protection; guard; defense.
- Something given, deposited, or pledged, to make certain the fulfillment of an obligation, the performance of a contract, the payment of a debt, or the like; surety; pledge.
- One who becomes surety for another, or engages himself for the performance of another's obligation.
- An evidence of debt or of property, as a bond, a certificate of stock, etc.; as, government securities.
More from this Section
Audit is the examination of the books and accounts of a company to examine the books and ...
- Disk striping with parity
Disk striping with parity is a fault-tolerant disk configuration in which parts of several ...
- Convenience Fee
When a buyer makes an online payment, a vendor or provider charges a Convenience Fee. ...
- Long Put
Long Put refers to the trader's purchase of a put option with the intention of selling ...
- Banker’s Acceptance
Banker’s Acceptance is negotiable time drafts, or bills of exchange, that have been ...