Transfer refers to moving an employee from one position, shift or department to another within the organization.
Transfer is a lateral move from one position to another that has similar pay and responsibility levels. Usually the differences between the jobs are minor. Management uses transfers most often to fill temporary vacacies. Sometimes positions are created as a reward to allow a person to intern with or understudy another, higher job. These "assistant to" positions help the transfree to study the higher job up close.
Transfers may be used when management is preparing to replace a person who is about to move up or out of the company. Transfers also are used to staff a new operation, department, or division with experienced workers.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The conveyance of right, title, or property, either real or personal, from one person to another, whether by sale, by gift, or otherwise.
- That which is transferred.
- A picture, or the like, removed from one body or ground to another, as from wood to canvas, or from one piece of canvas to another.
- A drawing or writing printed off from one surface on another, as in ceramics and in many decorative arts.
- A soldier removed from one troop, or body of troops, and placed in another.
- A pathological process by virtue of which a unilateral morbid condition on being abolished on one side of the body makes its appearance in the corresponding region upon the other side.
- To make over the possession or control of; to pass; to convey, as a right, from one person to another; to give; as, the title to land is transferred by deed.
- To remove from one substance or surface to another; as, to transfer drawings or engravings to a lithographic stone.
More from this Section
- Organizational Development (OD)
Organizational Development (OD) is a method aimed at changing attitudes, values, and beliefs ...
Attorney is a professional individual who is authorized to practice law and can be legally ...
- Strategic Human Resource Management
Strategic human resource management means formulating and executing human resource policies ...
- Serious health condition
Serious health condition is an illness, injury, impairment or physical or mental condition ...
- Utilization management
Utilization management review and analysis of health care programs to determine cost control ...