Access — In counterintelligence and intelligence use, a. a way or means of approach to identify a target; or b. exploitable proximity to or ability to approach an individual, facility, or information that enables target to carry out the intended mission.
Access— access as applied to nuclear weapons means physical access in such manner as to allow the opportunity to cause a nuclear detonation. The context of access in this definition relates to the physical ability to perform detailed circuit modification or retrofit on the internal components of nuclear weapons for the performance of official duties in authorized facilities and units.
Access-users should have the ability to access their data and correct them if erroneous.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The means, place, or way by which a thing may be approached; passage way; as, the access is by a neck of land.
- Admission to sexual intercourse.
- Increase by something added; addition; as, an access of territory. [In this sense accession is more generally used.]
- An onset, attack, or fit of disease.
- A paroxysm; a fit of passion; an outburst; as, an access of fury.
More from this Section
- Functional component command
Functional component command refers to a command normally, but not necessarily that is ...
- Area search
Area search means visual reconnaissance of limited or defined areas. ...
- Vehicle-borne improvised explosive device
Vehicle-borne improvised explosive device refers to a device placed or fabricated in an ...
- Combat support agency
Combat support agency is a Department of Defense agency which is designated by Congress ...
- Active Federal service
Active Federal service refers to active enlisted or officer service in the Armed Forces ...