Access — In counterintelligence and intelligence use, a. a way or means of approach to identify a target; or b. exploitable proximity to or ability to approach an individual, facility, or information that enables target to carry out the intended mission.
Access— access as applied to nuclear weapons means physical access in such manner as to allow the opportunity to cause a nuclear detonation. The context of access in this definition relates to the physical ability to perform detailed circuit modification or retrofit on the internal components of nuclear weapons for the performance of official duties in authorized facilities and units.
Access-users should have the ability to access their data and correct them if erroneous.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The means, place, or way by which a thing may be approached; passage way; as, the access is by a neck of land.
- Admission to sexual intercourse.
- Increase by something added; addition; as, an access of territory. [In this sense accession is more generally used.]
- An onset, attack, or fit of disease.
- A paroxysm; a fit of passion; an outburst; as, an access of fury.
More from this Section
- Suppression of enemy air defenses
Suppression of enemy air defenses is an activity that neutralizes, destroys, or temporarily ...
Counterinsurgency refers to comprehensive civilian and military efforts that is designed ...
- Supplier search
Supplier search is a stage of the business buying process in which the buyer tries to ...
- Airborne mission coordinator
Airborne mission coordinator refers to the designated individual that serves as an airborne ...
- Fighter sweep
Fighter sweep refers to an offensive mission by fighter aircraft to seek out and destroy ...