Access — In counterintelligence and intelligence use, a. a way or means of approach to identify a target; or b. exploitable proximity to or ability to approach an individual, facility, or information that enables target to carry out the intended mission.
Access— access as applied to nuclear weapons means physical access in such manner as to allow the opportunity to cause a nuclear detonation. The context of access in this definition relates to the physical ability to perform detailed circuit modification or retrofit on the internal components of nuclear weapons for the performance of official duties in authorized facilities and units.
Access-users should have the ability to access their data and correct them if erroneous.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The means, place, or way by which a thing may be approached; passage way; as, the access is by a neck of land.
- Admission to sexual intercourse.
- Increase by something added; addition; as, an access of territory. [In this sense accession is more generally used.]
- An onset, attack, or fit of disease.
- A paroxysm; a fit of passion; an outburst; as, an access of fury.
More from this Section
- Combat chart
Combat chart is a special naval chart, at a scale of 1:50,000, designed for naval surface ...
- Military assistance advisory group
Military assistance advisory group is a joint Service group, normally under the military ...
- Time-phased force and deployment data
Time-phased force and deployment data refers to the time-phased force data, non-unit cargo ...
- Joint operations area
Joint operations area refers to an area of land, sea, and airspace that is defined by ...
- Procuring contracting officer
Procuring contracting officer refers to a contracting officer who initiates and signs ...