Depression is a depression is a very deep, long, and painful recession, in which unemployment rises to very high levels, and economic output does not bounce back.
Depression is in psychiatry, a disorder marked especially by sadness, inactivity, difficulty with thinking and concentration, a significant increase or decrease in appetite and time spent sleeping, feelings of dejection and hopelessness and sometimes suicidal
thoughts or attempts to commit suicide. While standing alone as a mental illness, depression also can be experienced in other disorders such as bipolar disorder. Depression can range from mild to severe, and is very treatable with today’s medications and/or therapy.
Depression is a period of drastic economic decline, characterized by decreasing business transactions, falling prices, and high rates of unemployment.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The state of being depressed; a sinking.
- A falling in of the surface; a sinking below its true place; a cavity or hollow; as, roughness consists in little protuberances and depressions.
- Humiliation; abasement, as of pride.
- Dejection; despondency; lowness.
- Diminution, as of trade, etc.; inactivity; dullness.
- The angular distance of a celestial object below the horizon.
- The operation of reducing to a lower degree; -- said of equations.
- A method of operating for cataract; couching. See Couch, v. t., 8.
More from this Section
- Autonomous consumer expenditure
Autonomous consumer expenditure is the amount of consumer expenditure that is independent ...
- Kidney Tumors
Malignant tumors of the kidney have a strong tendency to spread along the renal vein. ...
Interest is a lender charges interest as the price of lending money (or some other asset) ...
- Operating instrument
Operating instrument is a variable that is very responsive to the central bank’s tools ...
- Urinary Retention
In adult males, urinary retention is commonly caused by obstruction to the urethra by ...