Economic development is the process through which a country’s economy expands and improves in both quantitative and qualitative terms. Economic development
requires the coming together of several different processes and conditions: the accumulation of real capital; the development of education, skills, and human capacities; improvements in governance, democracy, and stability; and changes in the sectoral make-up of the economy.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The series of changes which animal and vegetable organisms undergo in their passage from the embryonic state to maturity, from a lower to a higher state of organization.
- The act or process of changing or expanding an expression into another of equivalent value or meaning.
- The equivalent expression into which another has been developed.
- The elaboration of a theme or subject; the unfolding of a musical idea; the evolution of a whole piece or movement from a leading theme or motive.
More from this Section
- Industrial market
Industrial market means business, government agencies, and other institutions that buy ...
- Gini Coefficient
Gini Coefficient is a statistical measure of inequality. A Gini score of 0 implies perfect ...
- Real interest rate
Real interest rate is the interest rate adjusted for expected changes in the price level ...
- Yield on a discount basis
Yield on a discount basis is the measure of interest rates by which dealers in bill markets ...
- Equation of exchange
Equation of exchange is the equation MV=PY, which relates nominal income to the quantity ...