Meaning of 'stable' (Webster Dictionary)
- Firmly established; not easily moved, shaken, or
overthrown; fixed; as, a stable government.
- Steady in purpose; constant; firm in resolution; not
easily diverted from a purpose; not fickle or wavering; as, a man of
- Durable; not subject to overthrow or change; firm; as, a
stable foundation; a stable position.
- A house, shed, or building, for beasts to lodge and feed
in; esp., a building or apartment with stalls, for horses; as, a horse
stable; a cow stable.
- To dwell or lodge in a stable; to dwell in an inclosed
place; to kennel. - To fix; to establish.
- To put or keep in a stable.
Meaning of 'stable' (Princeton's WordNet)
- shelter in a stable
- resistant to change of position or condition
Example in sentence:
- a stable ladder;
- a stable peace;
- a stable relationship;
- stable prices
- showing little if any change
- firm and dependable; subject to little fluctuation