Access — In counterintelligence and intelligence use, a. a way or means of approach to identify a target; or b. exploitable proximity to or ability to approach an individual, facility, or information that enables target to carry out the intended mission.
Access— access as applied to nuclear weapons means physical access in such manner as to allow the opportunity to cause a nuclear detonation. The context of access in this definition relates to the physical ability to perform detailed circuit modification or retrofit on the internal components of nuclear weapons for the performance of official duties in authorized facilities and units.
Access-users should have the ability to access their data and correct them if erroneous.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The means, place, or way by which a thing may be approached; passage way; as, the access is by a neck of land.
- Admission to sexual intercourse.
- Increase by something added; addition; as, an access of territory. [In this sense accession is more generally used.]
- An onset, attack, or fit of disease.
- A paroxysm; a fit of passion; an outburst; as, an access of fury.
More from this Section
- Campaign planning
Campaign planning refers to the process whereby combatant commanders and subordinate joint ...
- Accompanying supplies
Accompanying supplies mean unit supplies that deploy with forces. ...
- Action plan
Action plan is one of the phases of the Internet marketing plan, in which the marketer ...
- Target system analysis
Target system analysis— An all-source examination of potential target systems to determine ...
- Civil authorities
Civil authorities refer to those elected and appointed officers and employees who constitute ...