Administration is the appointment by a court of a person to manage the affairs of a company which is in difficulties
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Administration- The act of administering; government of public affairs; the service rendered, or duties assumed, in conducting affairs; the conducting of any office or employment; direction; management.
- The executive part of government; the persons collectively who are intrusted with the execution of laws and the superintendence of public affairs; the chief magistrate and his cabinet or council; or the council, or ministry, alone, as in Great Britain.
- The act of administering, or tendering something to another; dispensation; as, the administration of a medicine, of an oath, of justice, or of the sacrament.
- The management and disposal, under legal authority, of the estate of an intestate, or of a testator having no competent executor.
- The management of an estate of a deceased person by an executor, the strictly corresponding term execution not being in use.
Share it: Cite
Previous: ← Adjustable peg system
Next: Ad valorem tax →
More from this Section
Arbitrage simply means finding two things that are essentially the same and buying cheaper ...
- Unqualified Opinion
An Unqualified Opinion is an opinion that accountants provide after evaluating financial ...
- Escrow Disbursement
In property investment, an Escrow Disbursement is a procedure of distributing funds held ...
- Financial Power of Attorney
Financial Power of Attorney is a legal method that allows people to select somebody to ...
Production is the process by which human labour (or “work”) is applied, usually with ...