Agile manufacture is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environment that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset.
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications.
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Wide Area Information Server (WAIS)
Wide Area Information Server (WAIS) is a search system that accesses servers all over ...
- Imaging software
Imaging software— programs that scan data and information and convert them into digital ...
- Capital budgeting systems
Capital budgeting systems refer to systems that ensure the acquisition and disposal of ...
Veronica is an Internet-based, information search tool that locates all files on participating ...
- Database model
Database model is a way of organizing data and its interrelationships. It represents the ...