Agile manufacture is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environment that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset.
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications.
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Cumulative frequency
Cumulative frequency – a method of grouping the frequencies of the value of some variables ...
- Accounting software
Accounting software is a type of general-purpose software that helps companies automate ...
- Frequency Division Multiplexing
Frequency Division Multiplexing is a type of multiplexing format in which a channel with ...
Archie is an information search tool for the Internet that identifies and indexes all ...
- Word processing
Word processing means computerization of the creation and management of documents. It ...