Agile manufacturing is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environments that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Virtual Corporation
The Virtual Corporation— a revolutionary idea that was popularized by consultant William ...
- Pyramid structure
Pyramid or hierarchical structure is one of the popular and traditional organizational ...
- C Language
C is a general-purpose language. It is called C because it was an improvement over another ...
- Transaction processing systems (TPS)
- Strategic information system (SIS)
System that delivers information products and services that play a direct and prominent ...