Agile manufacturing is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environments that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Model management system
Model management system is a component of a DSS that stores and accesses models that managers ...
- Cumulative frequency
Cumulative frequency – a method of grouping the frequencies of the value of some variables ...
- Data definition language (DDL)
Data definition language (DDL) is a language that is used to create and describe the data ...
- Marketing information system
A marketing information system is a system that meets the information needs of an organization ...
- Multiprocessing system
Multiprocessing system refers to a multiuser system in which a number of processors, or ...