Alienation is worker dissatisfaction, the lack of a sense of fulfilment when a worker cannot see any positive result of his or her work.
Alienation is a term with various shades of psychological and sociological meaning, all of which refer in common to feelings of being estranged, separated and powerless, whether in relation to oneself, to nature , to other people, to wealth and the means of production in a society, or else to society as a whole.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A transfer of title, or a legal conveyance of property to another.
- A withdrawing or estrangement, as of the affections.
- Mental alienation; derangement of the mental faculties; insanity; as, alienation of mind.
More from this Section
Proximity in attraction research, the closeness between two individuals’ residences, ...
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD
A considerably more common childhood disorder is attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder ...
- Longer-term refinancing operations
Longer-term refinancing operations is a category of open market operations by the European ...
- Reverse Discrimination
While depression leads to the depths of despair, mania leads to emotional heights. Mania ...