Assurance is an agreement that in return for regular payments, a company will pay compensation for loss of life, or will make a payment if the insured person lives to a certain age. Also called life assurance, life insurance
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The state of being assured; firm persuasion; full confidence or trust; freedom from doubt; certainty.
- Firmness of mind; undoubting, steadiness; intrepidity; courage; confidence; self-reliance.
- Excess of boldness; impudence; audacity; as, his assurance is intolerable.
- Betrothal; affiance.
- Insurance; a contract for the payment of a sum on occasion of a certain event, as loss or death.
- Any written or other legal evidence of the conveyance of property; a conveyance; a deed.
More from this Section
- Allocative Efficiency
Allocative Efficiency is a neoclassical concept referring to the allocation of productive ...
- Social Democracy
Social Democracy is a reformist political strategy that aims to win certain improvements ...
- Goal independence
- Edge Act Corporation
Edge Act Corporation is a special subsidiary of a U.S. bank that is engaged primarily ...
- State banks
State banks is the state-chartered banks. ...