Bench is a heavy metal platform used to restore a vehicle's structural geometry to factory specifications. This is done by securing a portion of the vehicle to the platform, then pulling appropriate areas of the vehicle into place using special clamps, chains and hydraulic winches. This is also referred to as a Frame Machine, Frame Rack or simply Rack.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A long table at which mechanics and other work; as, a carpenter's bench.
- The seat where judges sit in court.
- The persons who sit as judges; the court; as, the opinion of the full bench. See King's Bench.
- A collection or group of dogs exhibited to the public; -- so named because the animals are usually placed on benches or raised platforms.
- A conformation like a bench; a long stretch of flat ground, or a kind of natural terrace, near a lake or river.
- To place on a bench or seat of honor.
More from this Section
- Paint Failure / Chalking
Paint Failure / Chalking this type of paint failure is typified by a white material coming ...
- Group number
Group number is number established by the Battery Council International (BCI) that identifies ...
Locks are a device or system of devices that prevents a vehicle from being entered without ...
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Seatbelt pretensioners is a seatbelt with a mechanism that reels in the belt when the ...
- Rear spoiler
Rear spoiler is an aerodynamic device attached to a vehicles trunk lid or liftgate consisting ...