Bench is a heavy metal platform used to restore a vehicle's structural geometry to factory specifications. This is done by securing a portion of the vehicle to the platform, then pulling appropriate areas of the vehicle into place using special clamps, chains and hydraulic winches. This is also referred to as a Frame Machine, Frame Rack or simply Rack.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A long table at which mechanics and other work; as, a carpenter's bench.
- The seat where judges sit in court.
- The persons who sit as judges; the court; as, the opinion of the full bench. See King's Bench.
- A collection or group of dogs exhibited to the public; -- so named because the animals are usually placed on benches or raised platforms.
- A conformation like a bench; a long stretch of flat ground, or a kind of natural terrace, near a lake or river.
- To place on a bench or seat of honor.
More from this Section
- Combined fuel economy
Combined fuel economy is the average number of miles a vehicle is able to travel using ...
- Cylinder configuration
Cylinder configuration is the arrangement of an engines cylinders. ...
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Parts / Original Equipment (OE) Parts
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Parts / Original Equipment (OE) Parts are referred ...
Factory-installed vehicle equipment that is installed by the manufacturer (in contrast ...
- Revolutions per minute (RPM)
Revolutions per minute (RPM) is the speed at which the engine crankshaft is turning. ...