External strategic systems are a kind of strategic information systems that are used primarily by external entities in the business environment, such as customers, clients, suppliers, and distributors, and have a value added component that gives developers some time to reap the benefits of system innovation.
Benefits of External Strategic Systems:
- Increased customer satisfaction and control.
- Reduction in transaction costs.
- Increased market share.
- Reduction of processing costs.
- Ability to change higher prices because of value-added component.
- Increase in profit margins
More from this Section
- Summary report
A report that summarizes data from several transactions and presents the results in condensed ...
- Wide Area Information Server (WAIS)
Wide Area Information Server (WAIS) is a search system that accesses servers all over ...
- Database management systems (DBMS)
Database management systems (DBMS) are support programs that work in conjunction with ...
- Category of Information System
Researchers have classified information systems into three categories based on their supporting ...
FORTRAN is an acronym for FORmula TRANslation. The program was developed by IBM in the ...