Influence is the exercise of power through a process of persuasion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Influence- A flowing in or upon; influx.
- Hence, in general, the bringing about of an effect, phusical or moral, by a gradual process; controlling power quietly exerted; agency, force, or tendency of any kind which the sun exerts on animal and vegetable life; the influence of education on the mind; the influence, according to astrologers,of the stars over affairs.
- Power or authority arising from elevated station, excelence of character or intellect, wealth, etc.; reputation; acknowledged ascendency; as, he is a man of influence in the community.
2. Influence- To control or move by power, physical or moral; to affect by gentle action; to exert an influence upon; to modify, bias, or sway; to move; to persuade; to induce.
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Elite model
Elite model is a view of society as being ruled by a small group of individuals who share ...
- Goal displacement
Domestication is a process of human selection of successive generations of animals or ...
- Self-consciousness (Self)
Self-consciousness (Self) is the individual's awareness of being a distinct social ...
- Intermediate organization
Intermediate organization means Robert Nisbet’s term for a primary group that is based ...