Procedure is a series of sequential steps used to respond to a well-structured problem.
Procedure is a set of step-by-step, chronological instructions for carrying out a given policy. In other words, a procedure describes how a policy is to be implemented. The following is an example of a policy and its accompanying procedure.
The company will fill vacant jobs with present employees whenever possible.
1. The personnel manager will advertise the vacancy to existing employees by posting a notice and the job specification on official bulletin boards in each department.
2. Qualified employees will complete Form 1132. listing their qualifications, and forward it to the personnel manager.
3. The personnel manager will interview qualified employees who express interest and send the most highly qualified candidates to the position's supervisor for final interviews and selection.
4. If no qualified employees wish to be considered for the vacancy, it will be filled by someone from outside the company.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A step taken; an act performed; a proceeding; the steps taken in an action or other legal proceeding.
- That which results; issue; product.
More from this Section
Credibility in terms the degree to which followers perceive someone as honest, competent ...
Management is a term that involves coordinating and overseeing the work activities of ...
- Powerful Buyers
Customers likewise can force down prices,demand higher quality or more service,and play ...
- Economic Factors
Economic factors concern the nature and direction of the economy in which a firm operates.Bcause ...
- Virtual team
Virtual team is a type of work team that uses technology to link physically dispersed ...