Procedure is a series of sequential steps used to respond to a well-structured problem.
Procedure is a set of step-by-step, chronological instructions for carrying out a given policy. In other words, a procedure describes how a policy is to be implemented. The following is an example of a policy and its accompanying procedure.
The company will fill vacant jobs with present employees whenever possible.
1. The personnel manager will advertise the vacancy to existing employees by posting a notice and the job specification on official bulletin boards in each department.
2. Qualified employees will complete Form 1132. listing their qualifications, and forward it to the personnel manager.
3. The personnel manager will interview qualified employees who express interest and send the most highly qualified candidates to the position's supervisor for final interviews and selection.
4. If no qualified employees wish to be considered for the vacancy, it will be filled by someone from outside the company.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A step taken; an act performed; a proceeding; the steps taken in an action or other legal proceeding.
- That which results; issue; product.
More from this Section
- Isolating mechanisms
Characteristics that make resources difficult to imitate. In the RBV context these are ...
- Concentrated growth in Grand Strategy Selection Matrix
Aggressive market penetration where a firm’s strong position and favorable market growth ...
- Subject line
Subject line refers to the place in an e-mail message header where you are able to very ...
Socialization is a process that helps new employees learn the organization’s way of ...
- Project structure
An organizational structure in which employees continuously work on projects. All work ...