Survey is a data collection method used to assist organizations with problem identification, measuring employee morale or expectations and determining areas of concern.
Survey is a collection of data done systematically, often through a questionnaire or interview.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A particular view; an examination, especially an official examination, of all the parts or particulars of a thing, with a design to ascertain the condition, quantity, or quality; as, a survey of the stores of a ship; a survey of roads and bridges; a survey of buildings.
- The operation of finding the contour, dimensions, position, or other particulars of, as any part of the earth's surface, whether land or water; also, a measured plan and description of any portion of country, or of a road or line through it.
- To view with a scrutinizing eye; to examine.
- To examine with reference to condition, situation, value, etc.; to examine and ascertain the state of; as, to survey a building in order to determine its value and exposure to loss by fire.
- To determine the form, extent, position, etc., of, as a tract of land, a coast, harbor, or the like, by means of linear and angular measurments, and the application of the principles of geometry and trigonometry; as, to survey land or a coast.
- To examine and ascertain, as the boundaries and royalties of a manor, the tenure of the tenants, and the rent and value of the same.
More from this Section
Unretirement is the practice of hiring retired former employees whose skills or qualifications ...
- Military-industrial complex
Military-industrial complex is an alliance among a nation’s military establishment and ...
Notice is in wrongful discharge cases, this doctrine is used to determine whether or not ...
Desertification is the process of a fertile region being rendered barren by the activities ...
- Corporate Campaign
A corporate campaign is an organized effort by the union that exerts pressure on the corporation ...