Survey is a data collection method used to assist organizations with problem identification, measuring employee morale or expectations and determining areas of concern.
Survey is a collection of data done systematically, often through a questionnaire or interview.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Survey- The act of surveying; a general view, as from above.
- A particular view; an examination, especially an official examination, of all the parts or particulars of a thing, with a design to ascertain the condition, quantity, or quality; as, a survey of the stores of a ship; a survey of roads and bridges; a survey of buildings.
- The operation of finding the contour, dimensions, position, or other particulars of, as any part of the earth's surface, whether land or water; also, a measured plan and description of any portion of country, or of a road or line through it.
2. Survey- To inspect, or take a view of; to view with attention, as from a high place; to overlook; as, to stand on a hill, and survey the surrounding country.
- To view with a scrutinizing eye; to examine.
- To examine with reference to condition, situation, value, etc.; to examine and ascertain the state of; as, to survey a building in order to determine its value and exposure to loss by fire.
- To determine the form, extent, position, etc., of, as a tract of land, a coast, harbor, or the like, by means of linear and angular measurments, and the application of the principles of geometry and trigonometry; as, to survey land or a coast.
- To examine and ascertain, as the boundaries and royalties of a manor, the tenure of the tenants, and the rent and value of the same.
Category: HRM & Labor Studies, Sociology
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Primary needs
Primary needs means Karl Marx’s term for natural needs that we are born with, including ...
- Drug testing
Drug testing is the process of testing employees to detect the presence of illegal drugs ...
- Sociological imagination
Sociological imagination is an awareness of the relationship between an individual and ...
- Acute disease
Acute disease is a short-term disease (such as influenza or pneumonia) from which a person ...
- Rational-legal authority
Rational-legal authority is the power made legitimate by law. ...