Suspect refers to
1. In counterdrug operations, a track of interest where correlating information actually ties the track of interest to alleged illegal drug operations.
2. An identity applied to a track that is potentially hostile because of its characteristics, behavior, origin, or nationality.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Suspect- Suspicious; inspiring distrust.
- Suspected; distrusted.
- One who, or that which, is suspected; an object of suspicion; -- formerly applied to persons and things; now, only to persons suspected of crime.
2. Suspect- To imagine guilt; to have a suspicion or suspicions; to be suspicious.
3. Suspect- To imagine to exist; to have a slight or vague opinion of the existence of, without proof, and often upon weak evidence or no evidence; to mistrust; to surmise; -- commonly used regarding something unfavorable, hurtful, or wrong; as, to suspect the presence of disease.
- To imagine to be guilty, upon slight evidence, or without proof; as, to suspect one of equivocation.
- To hold to be uncertain; to doubt; to mistrust; to distruct; as, to suspect the truth of a story.
- To look up to; to respect.
Category: Defense Terms
Share it: Cite
Next: Sustainment →
More from this Section
- Mobilization base
Mobilization base is the total of all resources available, or that can be made available, ...
- Logistics over-the-shore operations
Logistics over-the-shore operations refer to the loading and unloading of ships without ...
- Wartime reserve modes
Wartime reserve modes— Characteristics and operating procedures of sensor, communications, ...
- Base cluster operations center
Base cluster operations center refers to a command and control facility that serves as ...
Astrodome is a transparent bubble calibrated for refraction mounted in the top of an aircraft ...