Tax is the assessment by a governmental unit.
Tax is a payment for the support of government activities, required of organizations and individuals within the domain of the government.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Tax- A charge, especially a pecuniary burden which is imposed by authority.
- A charge or burden laid upon persons or property for the support of a government.
- Especially, the sum laid upon specific things, as upon polls, lands, houses, income, etc.; as, a land tax; a window tax; a tax on carriages, and the like.
- A sum imposed or levied upon the members of a society to defray its expenses.
- A task exacted from one who is under control; a contribution or service, the rendering of which is imposed upon a subject.
- A disagreeable or burdensome duty or charge; as, a heavy tax on time or health.
- Charge; censure.
- A lesson to be learned; a task.
- To subject to the payment of a tax or taxes; to impose a tax upon; to lay a burden upon; especially, to exact money from for the support of government.
- To assess, fix, or determine judicially, the amount of; as, to tax the cost of an action in court.
- To charge; to accuse; also, to censure; -- often followed by with, rarely by of before an indirect object; as, to tax a man with pride.
Category: Contemporary Business
Share it: Cite
Previous: ← Tactical planning
Next: Team →
More from this Section
- Place marketing
Place marketing is the attempt to attract people to a particular area, such as a city, ...
- Product-related segmentation
Product-related segmentation is the dividing consumer markets into groups based on benefits ...
- Limit order
- Insurable interest
Insurable interest is the demonstration that a direct financial loss will result if some ...
- Seasonal unemployment
Seasonal unemployment is the joblessness of workers in a seasonal industry. ...