Title sometimes referred to as the "pink slip." The legal document issued by the state in which the vehicle is purchased that reflects the person or entity registered with the state as its legal owner.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Title- An inscription put over or upon anything as a name by which it is known.
- The inscription in the beginning of a book, usually containing the subject of the work, the author's and publisher's names, the date, etc.
- The panel for the name, between the bands of the back of a book.
- A section or division of a subject, as of a law, a book, specif. (Roman & Canon Laws), a chapter or division of a law book.
- An appellation of dignity, distinction, or preeminence (hereditary or acquired), given to persons, as duke marquis, honorable, esquire, etc.
- A name; an appellation; a designation.
- That which constitutes a just cause of exclusive possession; that which is the foundation of ownership of property, real or personal; a right; as, a good title to an estate, or an imperfect title.
- The instrument which is evidence of a right.
- That by which a beneficiary holds a benefice.
- A church to which a priest was ordained, and where he was to reside.
- To call by a title; to name; to entitle.
Category: Automotive Engineering
Share it: Cite
Previous: ← Tire speed rating
Next: Tow hooks →
More from this Section
- Environmental impact
Environmental impact is an assessment of the biophysical effects a vehicle has on the ...
- Anti-theft remote control
Anti-theft remote control is an electronic device that unlocks a vehicles doors and, in ...
Lessor is the entity that owns the vehicle being leased. Although most leases are arranged ...
- Clutch lines & hoses
Clutch lines & hoses is in a hydraulically actuated clutch, the tubes that carry fluid ...
- Service reminder light
Service reminder light is a light that indicates that general vehicle maintenance is needed ...