Title sometimes referred to as the "pink slip." The legal document issued by the state in which the vehicle is purchased that reflects the person or entity registered with the state as its legal owner.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The inscription in the beginning of a book, usually containing the subject of the work, the author's and publisher's names, the date, etc.
- The panel for the name, between the bands of the back of a book.
- A section or division of a subject, as of a law, a book, specif. (Roman & Canon Laws), a chapter or division of a law book.
- An appellation of dignity, distinction, or preeminence (hereditary or acquired), given to persons, as duke marquis, honorable, esquire, etc.
- A name; an appellation; a designation.
- That which constitutes a just cause of exclusive possession; that which is the foundation of ownership of property, real or personal; a right; as, a good title to an estate, or an imperfect title.
- The instrument which is evidence of a right.
- That by which a beneficiary holds a benefice.
- A church to which a priest was ordained, and where he was to reside.
- To call by a title; to name; to entitle.
More from this Section
- Automatic door unlocks
Automatic door unlocks is a device that automatically unlocks a vehicles doors after a ...
- Four-wheel steering
Four-wheel steering is a feature of some vehicles that allows the rear wheels to be steered ...
- Collision and upset
Collision and upset means motor vehicle insurance that pays to repair damages to the insured ...
- Basic/Bumper to bumper warranty
Basic/Bumper to bumper warranty is a vehicle warranty that covers everything except items ...
- Threshold Level
Threshold Level is a threshold level represents the degree of injury a claimant must establish ...