Tread is the pattern molded into area of the tire that contacts the road. The tread patterns are designed to increase traction based on the tire’s intended use.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Manner or style of stepping; action; gait; as, the horse has a good tread.
- Way; track; path.
- The act of copulation in birds.
- The upper horizontal part of a step, on which the foot is placed.
- The top of the banquette, on which soldiers stand to fire over the parapet.
- The part of a wheel that bears upon the road or rail.
- The part of a rail upon which car wheels bear.
- The chalaza of a bird's egg; the treadle.
- A bruise or abrasion produced on the foot or ankle of a horse that interferes. See Interfere, 3.
- To walk or go; especially, to walk with a stately or a cautious step.
- To copulate; said of birds, esp. the males.
- To beat or press with the feet; as, to tread a path; to tread land when too light; a well-trodden path.
- To go through or accomplish by walking, dancing, or the like.
- To crush under the foot; to trample in contempt or hatred; to subdue.
- To copulate with; to feather; to cover; -- said of the male bird.
More from this Section
- Select Repair Shop
Select Repair Shop collision repair shops that participate in one or more insurance company ...
- Fuel filler cap
Fuel filler cap is a cap used to seal a vehicles fuel filler neck. ...
- Tow hooks
Tow hooks are metal hooks or eyelets, either fixed or removable, that are attached to ...
- Collision insurance
Collision insurance is a vehicle insurance that cover damage caused by a collision with ...
- Rear area cargo cover
Rear area cargo cover is a feature that uses rainfall sensors to engage the wipers and ...