Meaning of 'leader' (Webster Dictionary)
- One who, or that which, leads or conducts; a guide; a
- One who goes first.
- One having authority to direct; a chief; a commander.
- A performer who leads a band or choir in music; also, in an
orchestra, the principal violinist; the one who plays at the head of
the first violins.
- A block of hard wood pierced with suitable holes for
leading ropes in their proper places.
- The principal wheel in any kind of machinery.
- A horse placed in advance of others; one of the forward
pair of horses.
- A pipe for conducting rain water from a roof to a cistern
or to the ground; a conductor.
- A net for leading fish into a pound, weir, etc. ; also, a
line of gut, to which the snell of a fly hook is attached.
- A branch or small vein, not important in itself, but
indicating the proximity of a better one.
- The first, or the principal, editorial article in a
newspaper; a leading or main editorial article.
- A type havin