“Cash-and-carry wholesalers usually handle a limited line of fast-moving merchandise, selling to smaller retailers on a cash-only basis, and not delivering goods. “ Jobbers or truck wholesalers directly sell and deliver from their vehicles, sometimes for cash.
Cash-and-carry wholesalers represent the wholesaler sector’s specific segment. They combine the most vital features of wholesalers. These features are more common in the case of retail businesses. These are mentioned below:
- Generally, these wholesalers function from large warehouses that are generally not located in the center of the city. It is one of the factors allowing them to offer relatively low prices.
- Customers generally walk around the store and pick the items from big shelves for purchasing their wanted products. But modern wholesalers now offer the opportunity for ordering products online, using the published catalogs on their sites; they offer chef tools, wholesale bar supplies, and many more.
- Their customers are individuals, institutional buyers, other wholesalers, other professional buyers, caterers, and retailers.
- These wholesalers directly purchase their inventories from manufacturers. This feature also allows them to offer lower prices than retailers.
More from this Section
Labels range from simple tags attached to products to complex graphics that are part of ...
- Core values
Core values refer to the belief systems that underline consumer attitudes and behavior, ...
Sponsorship is involves providing funds for a sporting or cultural event in exchange for ...
- Customer managed relationships
Customer managed relationships is marketing relationships in which customers, empowered ...
- Return on advertising investment
Return on advertising investment is the net return on advertising investment divided by ...