Commission means a percentage paid to a salesperson of the price of each item sold.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The act of intrusting; a charge; instructions as to how a trust shall be executed.
- The duty or employment intrusted to any person or persons; a trust; a charge.
- A formal written warrant or authority, granting certain powers or privileges and authorizing or commanding the performance of certain duties.
- A certificate conferring military or naval rank and authority; as, a colonel's commission.
- A company of persons joined in the performance of some duty or the execution of some trust; as, the interstate commerce commission.
- The acting under authority of, or on account of, another.
- The thing to be done as agent for another; as, I have three commissions for the city.
- The brokerage or allowance made to a factor or agent for transacting business for another; as, a commission of ten per cent on sales. See Del credere.
- To send out with a charge or commission.
More from this Section
- Online marketing research
Means collecting primary data through Internet surveys, online panels, experiments, and ...
- Business analysis
Business analysis refers to a review of the sales, costs, and profit projections for a ...
- Market-penetration index
Market-penetration index is a comparison of the current level of market demand to the ...
- Cost-oriented pricing
Cost-oriented pricing is a pricing method whereby a firm determines a product’s total ...
- Share of mind
Share of mind refers to relationship marketing focusing on customer development in the ...