Communication is the transfer and understanding of meaning. Note the emphasis on the transfer of meaning: this means that if information or ideas have not been conveyed, communication hasn’t taken place.
The speaker who isn’t heard or the writer whose materials aren’t read hasn’t communicated.
Communication is the meaningful exchange of information through messages.
Communication– the transfer of information, ideas and emotions between individuals, between groups or between individuals and groups.
There are four broad categories, under which can be grouped more specific types of communication. The broad categories are speech, writing, images, and the audible signal.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Intercourse by words, letters, or messages; interchange of thoughts or opinions, by conference or other means; conference; correspondence.
- Association; company.
- Means of communicating; means of passing from place to place; a connecting passage; connection.
- That which is communicated or imparted; intelligence; news; a verbal or written message.
- Participation in the Lord's supper.
- A trope, by which a speaker assumes that his hearer is a partner in his sentiments, and says we, instead of I or you.
More from this Section
- Solutions to the Agency Problem
There are several actions can be taken by principals to minimize agency problem : The ...
- Actuarial table
Actuarial table is the probability of the number of events that are expected to occur ...
- Expert influence
The ability to direct and influence others because they defer to you based on your expertise ...
- Role of Manager
As a manager attempts to perform the management job, there are some roles required of ...
- Corporate Capital
Corporate Capital is a collection of recourses that a corporation may use to fund its ...