Franchise refers to a contractual association between a manufacturer, wholesaler, or service organization (a franchisor) and independent business people (franchisees) who buy the right to own and operate one or more units in the franchise system.
Franchise systems are normally based on some unique product or service; a method of doing business; or the trade name, good will, or patent that the franchisor has developed. Franchising has been prominent in fast-food restaurants, motels, health and fitness centers, auto sales and service, and real estate.
Franchise means the independent owner of a franchise outlet who enters into an agreement with a franchisor.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A particular privilege conferred by grant from a sovereign or a government, and vested in individuals; an imunity or exemption from ordinary jurisdiction; a constitutional or statutory right or privilege, esp. the right to vote.
- The district or jurisdiction to which a particular privilege extends; the limits of an immunity; hence, an asylum or sanctuary.
- Magnanimity; generosity; liberality; frankness; nobility.
More from this Section
- Brochure ware
Brochure ware is a site that provides information about the company’s products and ...
- Product image
A product image is the way consumers perceive and actual or potential product. ...
Ethics refers to “the principles of conduct governing an individual or a group; specifically, ...
- Real-space data collection
Real-space data collection refers to takes place offline at points of purchase such as ...
- Percentage-of-sales method
Percentage-of-sales method is a method that refers to set the promotion budget at a certain ...