Data processed and converted into a form that is useful and meaningful to the decision maker is called information.
Facts, principles, knowledge, experience, and intuition are applied to convert data into information.
Information is the knowledge gained from processing data.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- News, advice, or knowledge, communicated by others or obtained by personal study and investigation; intelligence; knowledge derived from reading, observation, or instruction.
- A proceeding in the nature of a prosecution for some offens against the government, instituted and prosecuted, really or nominally, by some authorized public officer on behalt of the government. It differs from an indictment in criminal cases chiefly in not being based on the finding of a grand juri. See Indictment.
More from this Section
- Ownership utility
Ownership utility is the orderly transfer of goods and services from the seller to the ...
COBOL is an acronym for Common Business-Oriented Language. The program was developed at ...
- The enterprise information directory
The enterprise information directory defines the data stored in the enterprise information ...
- Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)
Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)— an Internet standard for sending and receiving ...
- Not-for-profit organization
organization that has primary objectives such as public service rather than returning ...